Terms and Conditions
Membership spend and win Prize draw - Terms and Conditions
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited,a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion is a weekly prize draw which runs from 15th-21st November 2017 (Week 1), 22nd – 28th November 2017 (Week 2) and 29th November – 5th December 2017 (Week 3). If an entry is made after a weekly prize draw has closed, then it will be automatically entered into the next weeks’ prize draw. Any entries made before 15th November and after 5th December 2017 will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is only open to members and employee members of Co-operative Group Limited who make a purchase, swipe their membership card and use the money on their membership account to pay for their goods in aCo-operative Group Food store during a weekly prize draw (Qualifying Purchase). No purchase necessary for residents in Northern Ireland.Temporary membership card holders are automatically excluded from this promotion. Any employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies) who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion are excluded from entering this promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and (if you win) claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter Co-op members must make a purchase, swipe their membership card and use the money on their membership account to pay for their goods in a Co-operative Group Food store during a weekly prize draw. Purchases made at independent food stores which are not part of the Co-operative Group are excluded. Residents of Northern Ireland only: If you are a resident in Northern Ireland, you can also enter by calling our Membership Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708 and provide your name and membership number to a member of our team during a weekly prize draw. Any calls made before or after the closing dates will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
5. PRIZES: There are 33 prizes to be won in total. 3 holidays to Florida (USA) for a family of 4 for 7 nights (1 winner per week) and 30 £500 cash prizes delivered to winner in cheque format (10 winners per week). The Prize List below details the prizes that are available to be won and any exclusions or restrictions of use. Maximum one prize per member per weekly draw. Prizes are not exchangeable and no cash alternative can be requested. Prizes are provided at our discretion and the Promoter may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be drawn each week by a randomised computer process from a database of members who have made a Qualifying Purchase and any entrants from Northern Ireland. Winners will be drawn within 7 days of the closing date of each weekly prize draw.
7. NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by the Promoter or a 3rd party agency acting on the Promoter’s behalf from the details held on their member records within 21 days of the closing date of each weekly prize draw. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above in clause 6. Winners should allow 60 days from claiming the prize for delivery of or details of the prize (delivery and postage included). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes that are lost, delayed in the post, stolen or unused by their expiry date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete or incorrect postal addresses held on the member record.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: Winners’ names and respective counties of residence will be made available on the membership website www.coop.co.uk/swipe30 days after the closing date. The Promotor will not be liable if any member details provided are incorrect.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, you should contact the Membership Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708 to be excluded from the promotion.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, rdue to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
14. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at http://www.coop.co.uk/swipe. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
17. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises
What is the Prize?
Family Holiday to Florida, USA
Trip for a family of four (two adults and two children) to Florida, USA.
· Return flights for two adults and two children from the winner’s nearest available airport to [Orlando Sanford,] Florida, USA.
· 7 nights accommodation at the Disney Port Orleans resort - French Quarter
· Fully inclusive car hire for 1 named driver for the duration of the trip.
· 7 days’ unlimited access for two adults and two children to selected Disney resorts in Orlando.
· ESTA visa fee for two adults and two children to cover the duration of this prize.
· Travel insurance for two adults and two children to cover the duration of this prize.
1. Prize is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter and Bank Holidays (both UK and USA national holidays).
2. Prize must be booked a minimum of 3 months in advance.
3. Children must be 15 year of age or under.
4. Flights must include a Saturday night stay in your destination. Departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from London Gatwick, Bristol, East Midlands, Glasgow, Manchester or Newcastle which may not necessarily be the closest. Flights include all taxes and surcharges.
5. One piece of checked luggage and one piece of hand luggage per person only. Checked luggage can weigh up to 15kg and hand luggage can weigh up to 5kg. Hand luggage can’t be bigger than 50x40x20cm. Weight and size restrictions are subject to change. Inlcudes one in flight meal per person.
6. Car hire: Car hire is for one named driver and will be for the duration of your trip. Car hire will be with Alamo with a standard economy size car which will be a or similar. Driver must be over the age of 25 and have held a full clean driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. Fully inclusive refers to unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, local taxes and airport fees. Driver must also hold a valid credit card (not debit card) with a minimum spend of between £500- £1,000 (depending on the car hire company used) which must be available to be given as a security deposit, which is refundable upon safe return of the vehicle.
7. Hotel is classed as a 4 Star and is based on two adults and two children sharing a family room with ensuite bathroom on a room only basis. At least one guest must be over the age of 21.
8. Disney World Resort tickets allow for unlimited access for 7 days to, Magic Kingdom®, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom®, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. The tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions printed thereon.
9. The winner will be responsible for all other costs including sustenance and spending money.
10. For US trips, all individuals must hold a valid ESTA (electronic tourist visa) from the US Embassy, which can be applied for a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel. Anyone not holding an ESTA will be deported from the US upon arrival without exception. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with the ESTA visa requirements of the United States of America. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and we cannot be held responsible for this being rejected. Should the winner purchase their ESTA through a third party rather than the official site, we will only reimburse the actual cost of the ESTA and not any of the fees involved.
11. Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Single trip premier cover will be provided by ABTA Sure. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply. Full exclusions and restrictions can be found at http://www.abtasure.co.uk/policy/ABTASure-Policy-Wording-2017.pdf
12. Prize must be booked and taken by the prize winner within 12 months of the winner claiming their prize.
The £500 prize will be sent to the winner in the format of a cheque within 60 days of each closing date.