Terms and conditions
Coronation Street Party Prize Draw – Terms and Conditions
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited,a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. ITV: For the avoidance of doubt, ITV Commercial (a division of ITV Broadcasting Limited) whose registered number is 955957 and whose registered office is The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London, SE1 9LT (“ITV”) is not the promoter and shall not be liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions by the promoter. ITV is not responsible for the administration of the promotion or for the fulfilment of the prizes to the winner.
3. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion opens on Wednesday 25th April 2018 and closes on Monday 25th June 2018. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to UK residents over the age of 18 with the exception of employees of: the promoter, the Co-operative Group Limited, their affiliates or subsidiaries, ITV Commercial, their affiliates or subsidiaries, their agencies and anyone else who may be directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion. We may ask the winners to provide proof of age. Under 18’s are not entitled to participate. Persons aged 12 or over may attend the Event if accompanied by a participant over the age of 18 who entered this promotion.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you need to comment with what food you would accompany a hot-pot with. Entry is by completing and submitting an entry form via our website www.coop.co.uk/streetparty or by commenting on the relevant Coronation Street Party posts which will be posted on the official Co-op Food Twitter and Facebook pages. Only one entry per person is accepted on each of the 3 entry methods. For entries made via Twitter or Facebook, the participant must have a valid social media account for the entry to be counted.
6. PRIZES: There are 12 prizes to be won in total. Maximum one prize per winner. Each prize is the opportunity for you and one guest of your choice (2 x tickets in total) to attend the Co-op Street Party on the main Coronation Street studios: Itv Studios, Trafford Wharf Road, Trafford, M17 1FZ (the “Event”). The Event is scheduled to take place on Saturday 4th August 2018 between 2pm and 5pm, however the promoter reserves the right to change the date due to circumstances beyond its control. If the Event is rescheduled, the winners will be notified as soon as reasonably possible and an alternative date will be communicated.
The prize does include:
(a) travel to and from the main Coronation Street studio set in Manchester;
(b) accommodation the night of the Event, one room double occupancy;
(c) breakfast the morning after the Event; and
(d) food at the Event.
All travel and accommodation will be booked by the promoter. The prize does not include travel insurance. Valid ID will be required before you are allowed entry to the Event and you will be refused entry if you do not provide suitable photographic ID (such as a valid passport or driving licence). By entering, you confirm you are available to attend the Coronation Street studio set in Manchester on Saturday 4th August 2018 and accept that should the situation arise whereby the promoter needs to move the Event, you will need to be available on the alternative date or forfeit the prize. Each winner will also be required to comply with ITV’s Code of Conduct when attending the Coronation Street set, a copy of which can be found at Schedule 1. We may withdraw the prize if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so and there will be no cash alternative to the prize.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be drawn by a randomised computer process from the total pool of valid entries made via our website at www.coop.co.uk/streetparty or by commenting the relevant Coronation Street Party posts on our Co-op Food Twitter or Facebook pages within 3 days after the closing date.
8. NOTIFICATION: We will contact winners within 5 days after the date that the winners are drawn. We will try to contact the winners via their chosen method of entry (i.e. by Direct Message on Twitter or Facebook if this is how they entered or by email if the entry was via the www.coop.co.uk/streetparty website). If the winner does not respond to us within 5 days of being notified by us, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above in clause 7.
9. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. WINNER LIST: Winners’ names and county of residence (if known) can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com no earlier than 14 days and no later than 28 days after the closing date.
11. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion.
12. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty. Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit.
13. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group, ITV and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clauses 16 & 17 below, we, other members of the Co-operative Group and ITV will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
16. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group, ITV and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
18. NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. Twitter and Facebook are not responsible to participants in respect of any aspect of this promotion. By entering this promotion, you are releasing Twitter and Facebook from any liability in respect of this promotion and are providing information to the promoter, and any 3rd party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this promotion and not to Twitter or Facebook.
19. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
20. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
21. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.
Schedule 1 – ITV’s Code of Conduct
ITV’s Code of Conduct:
The winner and their companions must comply with the following code of conduct whilst at the Coronation Street Studios. By entering this competition, you agree to comply with the terms of this Code of Conduct.
- You will behave in a reasonable and sensible fashion at all times whilst at the studio;
- You will not explore any location during the event without being escorted by one of ITV’s representatives;
- You will not remove any objects from the set or vandalise or damage any location visited during the tour;
- You will not use any photographs taken during the tour for any purposes other than private non-commercial purposes;
- Access to certain parts of the Coronation Street set will be subject to availability; and
- You expressly understand and acknowledge that ITV shall have the right to expel you from the studio if ITV considers, in its sole discretion, that you have breached the code of conduct.