The Co-operative sausages
We have three quality ranges of sausage available at the Co-operative:
You can rest assured that;
- The Co-operative sausages are great value and quality and come from British Red Tractor farms.
- Our Butcher’s Choice range uses the same British outdoor bred meat as our standard higher welfare pork.
- Our premium, Truly Irresistible Freedom Food Outdoor Reared Hampshire breed sausage to ensure they meet your expectations for flavour, quality and high animal welfare
- All our sausages are made using quality fresh pork from British pigs.
Find out how this fits into our wider Group Ethical Plan here
What makes our premium sausages Truly Irresistible?
To make sure that our Truly Irresistible sausages meets your expectations for flavour, quality and high animal welfare we have worked hard to ensure;
- All our Truly Irresistible bacon come from farms inspected and approved by Freedom Foods, to welfare standards laid down by the RSPCA
- The pigs are sired by a pure bred Hampshire boar
- The pigs spend the first half of their life outdoors and are then transferred to naturally lit barns with deep straw bedding
- Our sausages are only made from whole cuts of fresh pork shoulder and belly. These cuts are minced and then mixed with specially selected ingredients including a fresh and dried herbs before being filled into natural hog casings
- Our sausages have a very high lean meat content, to ensure outstanding quality and succulence.
Find out more about Freedom Food here
Find some of our delicious British sausage recipes here