Terms and ConditionsText
McVitie’s SWEETER TOGETHER promotion – Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter Details: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8EE (please do not send any correspondence to this address). (“Promoter”).
2. Eligibility: Entry is open only to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) CI, IOM only aged 18 and over. Directors, management and employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotional Period: The Promotion opens 00:01 on 28th February 2018 and the close date for receipt of text entries for all prizes is 23:59 on 9th May 2018.
4. Text entries must be received by the closing date. Any entries received after this date will be disregarded but may still be charged.
5. Closing date for claiming prizes is 23:59 on 6th June 2018. Any claims received after this date will be invalid and will not be fulfilled. Text entries may be charged at your standard network rate and may not be included in any inclusive text message package.
6. To enter purchase any pack of biscuits from the McVitie’s range within the promotional period. To enter text “SWEETERTOGETHER’ to 66644. Entrants are advised to take care when entering the text code and entry details; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions will be accepted. Capital letters or lowercase will both be accepted.
7. Entries can only be received by text. Internet access and a valid email address are required in order to claim prizes.
8. All prizes are allocated to winning moments between 28th February 2018 and 9th May 2018. Each prize will be allocated to the closest entry after the winning moment. For prize details see point 15. Participants will receive a text message back informing them whether they have won a prize or not.
9. Winners will receive a text containing a unique link to a website which they must visit in order to claim their prize. They will be required to provide their name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and confirm which store they purchased the item from in order to claim their prize.
10. Purchase necessary. NI residents see point 13 for NPN route. Please retain your original itemised till receipt for each entry as you may be asked to provide it in order to claim your prize.
11. Till receipts must show purchase of a McVitie’s biscuits product, be dated within the promotional period and must pre-date and time the winning entry.
12. Winners of Holidays and Weekend Breaks will be required to provide proof of purchase in the form of an original itemised till receipt.
13. No Purchase Necessary (NPN) for residents of Northern Ireland - enter without purchase by sending your full name, date of birth, postal address (including postcode) and valid email address on a piece of paper to: “McVitie’s SWEETER TOGETHER NPN 6084, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR”. The Promotion is limited to a maximum of one entry per person per envelope per day and ten entries in total over the course of the promotion. The Promoter will not accept any NPN entry requests after 6th June 2018. Illegible entries will be disregarded. On receipt of an NPN request, an entry into the Promotion will be made on the NPN entrant’s behalf and given a fair and equal chance of winning. Winners only will be notified.
14. Entries are limited to one per mobile number per day.
15. Prizes are as follows - 5 x Luxury Family Holidays, 20 x Weekend Breaks for 2 people, 500 x Family Activity Vouchers, 1,500 pairs of Cinema e-tickets and 200,000 50p off McVitie’s Nibbles e-coupons.
16. Winners of Holidays and Weekend Breaks will be contacted within 5 days of a valid claim by phone. Should contact not be made an email will be sent.
17. Family Activity Vouchers will be posted within 28 days from receipt of a valid claim.
18. Winners of Cinema tickets will receive an email containing an e-ticket within 24 hours of a valid claim. Terms and Conditions apply and will be included in the email.
19. Winners of 50p off McVitie’s Nibbles e-coupons will receive an email containing their e-coupon within 24 hours of a valid claim. Terms and Conditions apply and will be included in the email.
20. Luxury Family Holidays are for 2 adults and 2 children (up to the age of 12) for 7 nights to either Orlando, New York, Las Vegas, Dubai, Morocco, Spain, Fuerteventura or Corfu.
21. Weekend Breaks are for 2 people for 2-3 nights to a choice of 15 UK and European destinations.
22. Travel prizes can be taken up to 31st March 2019, excluding Christmas & New Year periods 2018/19 (11th December to 14th January), Easter 2019 period and Bank Holidays. All other dates are strictly subject to availability.
Prize includes economy flights from Manchester or London (other airports may be available but are not guaranteed), transfers (from airport to hotel on arrival and from hotel to airport for return travel), minimum 4 star accommodation with breakfast provided (where not possible a spending allowance given) and taxes. Winners of Luxury Family Holidays will receive £500 spending money.
Please note that the prize does not include travel insurance, travel other than stated, any other meals and beverages, personal expenses, visas, additional activities, or any other expenditure.
Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or altered.
The winners and their guests must travel together in both directions.
All members in the party must provide photocopies of their passports to ensure names are spelt correctly and that their passports are valid. All those travelling will require passports valid for at least 6 months on date of travel.
Specified accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered depending on availability.
No cash alternative.
One traveller must be 21 or over.
Credit card may be required on check in at hotel.
Travel insurance is not included but is a pre-requisite for winners to travel. Any necessary visas, vaccines or travel insurance (including dangerous activity cover) are the responsibility of the winners and their guests. Winners will be required to submit 3 preferred departure dates. The requested departure date must have a minimum of 90 days advance notice of travel after completion of their winner information and prize acceptance form unless stated otherwise. Individual supplier terms & conditions apply.
The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst enjoying the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winners and/or guests from participation in the Prize if the winner and/or their guests fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
23. Winners of Family Activity Vouchers will receive a voucher pack containing details of days out including entry to animal parks, pottery painting, paintballing, crazy golf, city tours and many more. Full details will be included in the pack. All dates are subject to availability and subject to the terms and conditions of the Family Activity Vouchers. Restrictions may apply and vary from experience to experience. Each voucher is valid for 10 months from date of issue and each one is valid for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12.
24. If winners of the Luxury Family Holiday or Weekend Break do not respond within 21 days from first contact, the Prize will be forfeited.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Promotion if deemed necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
26. No cash alternative will be awarded.
27. The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to the promotion.
28. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened the Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
29. The Winners' names and counties shall be available by sending a stamped SAE to McVitie’s SWEETER TOGETHER WL (6084), PO Box 906, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR and will be available for a period of 4 weeks from 6th June 2018.
30. Entrants must enter the Promotion using their legal name. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names, addresses, email addresses and/or mobile numbers and to require them to return any Prize they may have won. The Promoter will verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter will require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
31. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script', 'brute force', masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant's entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant's entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. Prizes allocated to winners who are subsequently disqualified may not be reallocated.
32. Where a winner has been found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter may nevertheless still enforce its right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to the Promoter of any Prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or Prize Winner in question.
33. Insurance is not provided as part of the Prizes. It will be the Winner's and (if applicable) their guest's responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property as well as dangerous activity cover) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
34. As the main prizes involve travel, the winning family must have and maintain valid passports with expiry dates no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the applicable country. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to a winner and/or their guests. The Promoter shall not be responsible for ensuring a winner's ability to travel nor for any additional costs incurred should entry be refused.
35. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner and any guests to check any travel advisories issued by a Government, to determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Winner or their guests arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by a Government. The winner and their guests must comply with and are responsible for obtaining any inoculation and health regulations required by any Prize destination country.
36. The Promoter will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any Prize winner should the winning family not redeem a prize as a result of any Government travel warning or advisory applicable to the destination country or for any other failure on their part to travel. In particular, the Promoter shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative Prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where a winner and/or their guests fail to redeem a Prize for any reason.
37. The Prize Winners must comply with the terms and limitations of airlines, other transport providers, and the venues involved in the provision of any Prize. In particular, they must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
38. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received registrations or winner notifications.
39. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
40. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to any Prize provided. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
41. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
42. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
43. Winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion with no further compensation.
44. By entering this promotion, you consent that any personal data can be used solely for the purposes of this Promotion by the Promoter and/or by any agent appointed by it to assist with running the Promotion on behalf of the Promoter and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual's prior consent. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of your personal data by the Promoter and/or any agent appointed by it to assist with running the Promotion for the purposes of administration of the Promotion (including publishing your full name and county and/or disclosing it to third parties on request if you are the Winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. Data will be kept until 29th August 2018 and will then be destroyed. Personal data relating to winners of Luxury Family Holidays and Weekend Breaks will be kept by the travel organiser for the purposes of organising their travel, and destroyed upon their return.
45. This Promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
46. Co-operative Group Limited (525R) is not the Promoter, Co-operative Group Limited and its subsidiary or parent undertakings shall not be liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions by the Promoter.Apply Inner PaddingIsReadOnly