Swipe your Membership for Instant Win - Terms and Conditions
Membership Summer Swipe-a-thon Instant Win – Terms and Conditions
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited,a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion is a weekly prize draw which runs from 7th-13th June 2017 (Week 1), 14th-20th June 2017 (Week 2) and 21st-27th June 2017 (Week 3). If an entry is made after a weekly draw, then it will be automatically entered into the next weeks’ prize draw. Any entries made before 7th June 2017 and after the 27th June 2017 will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is only open to members and employee members of Co-operative Group Limited who make a purchase and swipe their membership card in a Co-operative Group Food store during a weekly prize draw (Qualifying Purchase). No purchase necessary for residents in Northern Ireland. Temporary membership card holders are automatically excluded from the promotion. Any employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion) are excluded from entering this promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and (if you win) claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter Co-op members must make a purchase and swipe their membership card in a Co-operative Group Food store during a weekly prize draw (dates of which are set out in clause 2). Purchases made at independent food stores which are not part of The Co-operative Group are excluded. Maximum of one entry and one prize per person per weekly prize draw.
5. PRIZES: Each prize is a coupon for a set value of between 50p and £3 that can only be redeemed against Co-op branded products in Co-op Group Food stores. 560,000 coupons will be allocated each week during the promotional period but in accordance with clause 6 all prizes may not be won.
Redemption of coupons are subject to the terms and conditions printed thereon (including redemption before the expiry date, if stated). Prizes are not exchangeable and no cash alternative can be requested. Prizes are provided at our discretion and we may substitute or change the coupons for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
6. WINNER SELECTION: All prizes will be allocated each week during the promotional period in accordance with the table below to membership dividend numbers taken from our Membership database using a randomised computer process. Only the dividend numbers for registered members and not temporary card holders will be used. If a member makes a Qualifying Purchase, they will automatically win their allocated prize. If a Qualifying Purchase is not made in the respective weekly prize draw, the member will not win their prize and the prize will be lost. Residents of Northern Ireland only: If you are a resident in Northern Ireland, you can also call our Membership Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708 each week between the opening and closing dates and provide your name and membership number to a member of our team to see if you have won. Winners will be notified during this call and we will arrange to send the winning coupon to the address held on the winner’s member records. If a winning member does not call our Member Contact Centre in the respective weekly prize draw, the member will not win their prize and the prize will be lost.
Instant Win Prize
Total number allocated
50p off Coupon
£1 off Coupon
£2 off Coupon
£3 off Coupon
7. NOTIFICATION: If you win, your allocated prize will be automatically printed at the end of the transaction when the Qualifying Purchase is made. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes that are lost, stolen or unused by the expiry date.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: Winners’ names and respective counties of residence can be obtained by contacting the Member Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708 within 10 days after the closing date of the promotion.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, you should contact the Membership Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708 to be excluded from the promotion.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
14. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at http://www.coop.co.uk/swipeIt is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
17. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.
For the full terms and conditions for the larger prizes, please click here